9 Hiring Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated May 2021):
- Many businesses use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 71% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 74% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $11,000.
- On average there will be between 56 and 109 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 4% and 8% of these applicants get an interview.
- It was reported of the 18,000 new hires 44% of them failed within 16 months and of these, 90% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 13% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 39% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Phone interviews last 27 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 40 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 35% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 12 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 30% look for multitasking skills; 29% look for initiative; 20% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 4% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- On average new staff take between 23 and 27 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
For more Temp Solutions Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job: