9 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following recruiting facts (Updated June 2020):
- It was reported of the 17,000 new hires 47% of them failed within 18 months and of these, 84% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 11% failed because of a lack of skills.
- On average there will be between 64 and 104 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 3% and 8% of these applicants get an interview.
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 76% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 77% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 78% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 34% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- On average new staff take between 23 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 28% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 22% look for creative thinking; and 13% look for something else in the candidate.
For more Temp Solutions Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job: