- Temping Company
10 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a employment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following recruiting facts (Updated May 2019):
- It was reported of the 20,000 new hires 49% of them failed within 15 months and of these, 86% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 10% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 81% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 79% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- On average there will be between 55 and 93 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 5% and 12% of these applicants get an interview.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 80% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- It is interesting to note that only 7% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 4% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- On average new staff take between 24 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 32% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 21% look for creative thinking; and 12% look for something else in the candidate.
- companies report that 1 in 21 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 38% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- American Staffing Association
- the ABC
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- The Age
For more Temping Company Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >