- Temping Company
10 Recruiting Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated March 2019):
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $13,000.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 81% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 73% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- It was reported of the 25,000 new hires 43% of them failed within 19 months and of these, 88% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 12% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 73% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 32% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 22% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- companies report that 1 in 19 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Phone interviews last 34 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 46 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 34% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 9 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new candidates take between 23 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 34% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- The Age
- American Staffing Association
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- The Australian Financial Review
For more Temping Company Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >