- Temping Company
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a staff agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated September 2018):
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 70% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 70% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- On average there will be between 63 and 108 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 4% and 8% of these applicants get an interview.
- It was reported of the 17,000 new hires 45% of them failed within 14 months and of these, 90% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the operation. Only 11% failed because of a lack of skills.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $10,000.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 35% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- It is interesting to note that only 5% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 4% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Phone interviews last 34 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 44 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 35% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 8 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 34% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 20% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- On average new staff take between 23 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- The New York Times
- The Age
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- American Staffing Association
- The Australian Financial Review
For more Temping Company Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >